- Dojo Holiday Party: Save the date for December 9, 2018 after class, from 12 noon to 2 pm.
- Kagami Biraki: January 13, 2019, all are welcome.
- Friendship Class with Haruo Matsuoka Sensei, 6th Dan and Jim Graves Sensei, 6th Dan: Saturday, February 24, 2019 from 10am to 12:30 pm with a suggested donation of $40. Proceeds to benefit Aria Ramirez. See attached flyer.
- Annual Spring Seminar 2019: Save the date! April 12-14, 2019; details TBA.
- April 13-15, 2018: Spring Seminar with H. Konigsberg Sensei, 7th Dan, Shihan from Woodstock Aikikai
- March 10-11, 2017: Spring Seminar with P. Bernath Sensei, 6th Dan, Shihan from Florida Aikikai
- October 16, 2016: The Art of Peace Seminar with L. Ramirez Sensei from North Valley Aikikai, R. Ishibashi Sensei from Los Angeles Aikikai and J. Graves Sensei from Southland Aikido.
- April 7, 2016: One year anniversary of Southland Aikido
- March 23-27, 2016: Seminar with H. Konigsberg Sensei, 7th Dan, Shihan from Woodstock Aikido
- January 3, 2016: The Dojo’s first Kagami Biraki celebration
- April 7, 2015: Southland Aikido holds its first class at Monterey Park location
Major Seminar Listings
United States Aikido Federation
Birankai North America
Aikido Un En Kai
Aikido of Schools of Ueshiba
California Aikido Association
Takemusu Aikido Association
Pacific Aikido Federation
Capital Aikido Federation
Aikido World Alliance
Aikido Association of America
Proceeds of this fundraiser class to benefit Aria, daughter of Lee Lavi Ramirez Sensei of North Valley Aikikai who is fighting a rare form of cancer. February 24, 2019, 10 am – 12:30 pm | Donation: $40 | FLYER About the instructors Haruo Matsuoka Sensei, 6th Dan, is Chief Instructor of Culver City Aikido Dojo, … Continue reading Friendship Class-Fundraiser for Aria Ramirez
Our Aikido Class For Beginners meets weekly every Saturday from 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM (except holidays and special events). The fee is $50 for 4 consecutive classes, with the option of taking 4 more classes with access to all other classes for an additional $50. Interested? Please fill out the form below and a … Continue reading Aikido Classes For Beginners
Southland Aikido invites you to an Aikido seminar with with Harvey Konigsberg, 7th Dan Shihan from Woodstock Aikido April 13-15, 2018 at Southland Aikido Dojo, Monterey Park, CA Seminar Schedule Friday, 13th: 7:00-8:30 pm Saturday, 14th: 1:00-4:30 pm; refreshments at 5:00 pm Sunday, 15th: 10:00 am-1:00 pm Seminar Fees All weekend: $135 Friday & Saturday Only: … Continue reading 2018 Spring Seminar with Harvey Konigsberg Sensei
Sunday, July 16, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 pm at Southland Aikido RSVP & pre-register here: DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER This is a woman-led, for women only class. The hands-on, informative two-hour course will cover the following subjects: Practice simple tools for self defense (drills/hands-on practice). Background and statistics on violence against women: Myths vs. Reality Threat … Continue reading Women’s Safety & Self-Defense Course
Southland Aikido invites you to an Aikido seminar with Penny Bernath, 6th Dan, Shihan from Florida Aikikai March 10-11, 2017 at Southland Aikido Dojo, Monterey Park, CA Penny Bernath Sensei, 6th Dan, Shihan has been practicing Aikido since 1973. She teaches at Florida Aikikai where she shares the title of chief instructor with her husband, … Continue reading 2017 Spring Seminar with Penny Bernath Sensei
Open to all looking to practice meditation, especially beginners. This class is free to the public, but donations to Southland Aikido are most welcome. Sessions begin at noon on these Saturdays and will run about 45-50 minutes. Please arrive 10 minutes early to get situated. February 4, 2017 February 11, 2017 February 18, 2017 February … Continue reading Meditation Sittings
In 1965, Harvey Konigsberg, a promising young boxer at the time, attended an Aikido demonstration by Yoshimitsu Yamada Sensei and Koichi Tohei Sensei. This soon compelled him to begin his training in Aikido, and by 1970 he was already teaching at the New York Aikikai, the Aikikai headquarters of the USA. One of the original students of Yamada Sensei, Konigsberg Sensei has been practicing Aikido for over 50 years.