Sunday, July 16, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 pm at Southland Aikido
RSVP & pre-register here:
This is a woman-led, for women only class. The hands-on, informative two-hour course will cover the following subjects:
- Practice simple tools for self defense (drills/hands-on practice).
- Background and statistics on violence against women: Myths vs. Reality
- Threat assessment and awareness
- The dynamics of crimes against women
- How to use your voice, safety range, and surroundings
- Dealing with aftermath and reporting
Fee: $30 per person. Open to all women ages 14 and up. No martial arts experience necessary.
The course will be taught by Lee Lavi Ramirez. Lee has over 30 years of experience in the martial arts field, and has been teaching for over 20 years. She currently holds the rank of 5th Degree black belt in Aikido, and 2nd Degree black belt in Judo. Lee co-authored this class with Officer Brian Morrison of the Los Angeles Police Department, and Rory Miller, an internationally renowned violence expert.